April 19 2017 – Book NOW
Musical Theatre Audition Workshop: Putting Your Best Foot Forward
This engaging workshop with Lyndell will give students a holistic understanding of what to expect in an audition, how to prepare well and how to step out in confidence every time you perform onstage. We can’t guarantee you’ll land the role (no-one can!), but we can help you come away from your audition knowing you did your very best. On the day you will learn how to:
1. Prepare to show them your best.
Students will receive tips & tricks on how to best prepare for their next audition, including: how to choose repertoire that shows you at your very best, how to choose the specific audition section of your song, how to gather your resources like sheet music/backing tracks.
2. Survive and thrive at your audition.
Smash your confidence crushers and turn them into performance BOOSTERS! Share your thoughts and experiences with other performers and gain some great take-home wisdom about audition dos & don’ts!
3. Banish the fret over the triple threat – singing, dancing & acting.
Students will get active in experiencing what they may be asked to do in the different sections of an audition. Head into your audition knowing what to expect!
- Date: April 19 2017
- Location: SVA Kirrawee
- 9am-12:30pm (Primary School students in years 2-6)
- 1:30pm-5pm (High School students)
- Earlybird price: $49 (for registrations received on or before April 7)
- Normal price: $55 (for registrations received after April 7)
- Bring: water & a nut-free snack
- Wear: comfortable clothes that you can move in, comfortable closed-in shoes (no heels or boots)
Terms & conditions: Full payment is required within 48 hours of us emailing you an invoice. This will be done manually after we receive your registration, so don’t worry if it doesn’t come through immediately. If payment is not received within 48 hours, we will automatically cancel your registration and make your place available to others.
Please note that in the event that your child is unable to participate, you are welcome to send someone in their place, but we regretfully cannot offer a refund or credit towards future lessons.
You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of the registration form.