Our students excel
We value continuous improvement, discovering your own unique voice, and being the very best musician that you can be. For some students, this translates to roles onstage, and we love to celebrate these opportunities with our students.
- Lead roles in Matilda the Musical in the premier Australian professional production - Matilda & Nigel
- Lead roles in The Sound of Music professional production - Gretl & Brigitta
- The Voice
- The Voice Kids
- Lead child role in professional production of An Officer and a Gentleman
- Lead child role in professional production of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- Countless lead and chorus roles in productions with Engadine Musical Society, Shire Music Theatre, Rockdale Musical Society, The Regals Musical Society and local high schools
- Finalist in Sydney Eisteddfod’s Junior Contemporary Singer of the Year
- Finalist & Folk Music Award winner in Sutherland Shire Youth Music Awards
- Excellent Eisteddfod results
- Soloist in Sutherland Shire Schools Music Festival
- Featured artist at Schools Spectacular
- Soloist in CaSPA Festival (Catholic Schools Performing Arts)
- Successful auditions for Newtown and Wollongong Performing Arts High Schools
- Successful auditions for Create Sydney South
- Successful auditions for JMC Academy & AIM
- Excellent AMEB, Rockschool and ANZCA examination results
Congratulations to all these talented students!
Elite Performers - the SVA Performance Team
At SVA we understand the unique needs of elite performers - students who are already working professionally, or who are pursuing a professional career. With staff who are actively working in both the musical theatre world, the pop/rock scene, and in session recording, we're well-placed to give you a realistic understanding of the professional world and to equip you with the skills you need to build a career in music.
We work with many professional performers, and our students have been part of The Voice, X Factor, tours, recording projects, professional musical theatre productions, tertiary music courses and live concerts.
We believe that every student is important and deserves our very best, regardless of whether they want a career in music or the performing arts. We have an inclusive culture at SVA and that's something we really treasure. We also believe that we have a responsibility to prepare students for their future goals and that some students need further opportunities to fully realise their skills.
The SVA Performance Team is an invitation-only program for advanced students. It provides public performance opportunities for students we observe to be working at a high level, and who also demonstrate a positive attitude & mature approach to developing their skills. It's a training ground for those who might go on to a career in music, or who are ready to take their music to the next level.
Here are the guidelines of what we're looking for in our Performance Team invitees - we want to make sure that students who want to be part of this group have a clear understanding of what we're looking for. Students may be invited to join the group as the year progresses.
- have shown us that they are able to learn material independently (ie practising at home)
- are a positive, kind and encouraging influence within the SVA community
- consistently display a high level of pitch accuracy
- are able to perform on stage confidently and in an engaging manner
- have a consistently high level of participation in SVA concerts & events
- are open to feedback and correction
- demonstrate age-appropriate maturity & thoughtfulness towards their musical development
We know that families are busy - this is not a weekly group, but instead rehearsals will be scheduled on Saturday afternoons in the lead-up to events, and most events will only require 0-2 rehearsals as much of the song learning will be done at home.